The Chinese Smartphone army is real and they are torpedoing their way into your lives faster and cheaper than any other. If you have not heard of Phicomm, they are an established Chinese-based company that used to focus only on networking and communication devices for businesses. However, that is no longer the case.
Phicomm has just launched its new flagship Smartphone the P660 which marks its transit from an Original Equipment Manufacturer to a Smartphone brand.
1. This little wonder is packed with an Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 and a 5” Full High Definition 441ppi display.
2. A 13MP rear-facing camera that works on a SONY CMOS IMX214 sensor and a 5MP front-facing camera packed with a wide angle 84-degrees lens.
3. Rather lightweight as compared to those in the market. The P660 weighs a light 110g as compared to the Huawei P8 which weighs in at 144g or the Samsung Galaxy S6 at 138g.
1. The P660 is still running on Android 4.4.4 Kit Kat. The other Smartphones of the same class including Xiaomi’s Mi4i and ASUS ZenFone 2 are running on the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop.
2. Although this is a dual-SIM Smartphone, the second Sim slot can also be repurposed as an expandable memory slot. However, this is only compatible up to 64GB and with an in-built memory of only 16GB, memory maybe a concern for those who do not spring clean their devices on a regular basis.
Our Two Cents Worth
It is difficult to find a fault with a Smartphone that retails for such an affordable price. However, it really bums us out that it is not running on the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop as with all the other Smartphones in its same class. Else, this really is looking like a great Smartphone for those constantly surfing the Internet or those looking for a great entry-level Smartphone at an affordable price.
Phicomm’s flagship Smartphone, the P660 is now available in Singapore and retails for SG$318.
By Geralyne Kaye Ong / June 09, 2015 5:40PM GMT+8
Disclaimer: The above images and trademarks are the sole and exclusive properties of their respective owners and are reproduced herein for the purpose of fair criticism and review.
10 ANSON ROAD #10-11