A role has opened up for a driven Finance Director to join the group. The role reports to the CEO. The ideal candidate will be responsible for working with senior management to develop financial strategies for the organization and handling day to day accounts as a self-starter and one man show to build up the finance department of the company. You are comfortable handling large amounts of data, acting as a business partner and providing regular financial reporting.
Job scope and Responsibilities:
- Assist the CEO in company-wide annual budgetary planning
- Candidates with current working experience in Listed Companies is a must
- Responsible for financial compliance and audit procedure
- Develop and put into practice procedures for handling finances and Accounting, maintain records for accounts payable and receivable
- Prepare regular cashflow forecast statement and monthly cashflow and monitor and manage cashflow positions within the allocated budget
- Prepare detailed monthly and quarterly management profit and loss forecast spreadsheets for the Board including participating in Business Review Meetings and attending Board meetings to assist the CEO on financial matters
- Oversee, review, and adhere to the budgets for each business department and create procedures for budget preparation, help departments develop budgets, and investigate actual costs incurred compared to the budget
- Day to day operational AR & AP activities including invoicing, payments, receipts
- Manage payroll processing, GST claims and tax filings
- Handle AP / AR and bank reconciliation tallying matters
- Liaise with auditors, bankers and tax consultants
- Ensure that all of the company’s financial practices are in line in statutory regulations and legislation
- Analyse the financial climate and market trends to assist senior executives in creating strategic plans for the future
- Interpret complex financial information and provide updates and information as needed
- Monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions
- Prepare official reports on a monthly and annual basis
- Seek out methods and practices to minimise financial risk
- Contract auditing services to ensure financial monitoring is up-to-date
- Create and maintain relationships with service providers and contractors, including banking institutions and accountants
- Responsible for business and regulatory compliance matters including AML and MAS requirements
- Work with human resources employees to secure candidates who will be an asset to the finance department
- Work with human resources department in relation to Grant application
- Establish and implement a training program for new finance employees.
- Experience in fundraising and in setting up foreign subsidiaries would be advantageous
- Managing the financial and management reporting for the fund management company and the fund companies
- Oversee the production of periodic reporting to investors by the fund administrators
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of Fund Accounting experience in the Asset Management and in multinational companies with no less than 100 headcounts in one location
- A recognised degree in Accounting or relevant professional accountancy qualifications
- Experience with corporate fiancé, understanding of IPO (Listing) standards
- Prior experience that includes exposure to MAS regulated fund management industry is preferred
- Candidates with Big4 experience is a plus
- Able to establish and maintain relationships with management and stakeholders
- High degree of commitment to meet deadlines
- An analytical mind
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Commercial and business acumen
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
- Ability to stick to time constraint sg skills; computer skills; multi-tasking skills
Skills and Qualifications:
- Advanced degree in accounting, business, finance, or a related field; several years of experience in finance; excellent mathematical skills; leadership skills; management experience; integrity; honesty; understanding of data privacy standards; exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal; thorough understanding of business principles and practices; superior attention to detail; organisational skills; planning skills; problem-solving skills; research skills; analytical skills; critical thinking as well as formal qualifications.
- Corporate finance experience and financial modelling is a must.
Successful candidates can look forward to a vibrant international start-up culture with business travels across 10 markets.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Singapore residents and PR holders.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org