Get ready for Yoru Rework. Riot Games will kick off Episode 4 Act 2 in VALORANT on Tuesday, March 1st, 2022, or Wednesday, March 2nd, depending on your region. The new episode comes with a brand new Battlepass and an all-new skin line!
Gaia’s Vengeance Skin Line: Weapons born of the magical woods that grew before humankind’s reign. Possessing the power to create life or take it away, their twisted roots harness crystals from the soil to protect the forest from those that seek to bring harm. This mystical, nature themed skin comes with finisher with variants, shimmering crystal, visual effects and melee variants.
The developer team behind Riot Games’ VALORANT has revealed a planned major Yoru rework. Releasing on March 1, and running for 10 weeks until May 10, Valorant’s Episode 4 Act 2 battle pass features three different skin lines, alongside a collection of titles, sprays, and gun buddies to kit out your arsenal with.
Q&A with Laura Baltzer, Associate Producer of Riot Games
What were your goals when designing the Ep. 4, Act II Battlepass?
- ANSWER: When we started working on this pass, we wanted to create items that players around the world wanted to use to express themselves. We collaborated with our regional teams to come up with items that felt relevant to their players. We had a lot of fun discovering the different memes, callouts, traditions, and metas players are using and that we otherwise might not have known about. I hope players will have as much fun as we did discovering the meaning behind items like the Watermelon Splitting Spray, Tactibear’s Balalaika Spray, Turtle Ship Gun Buddy, and the Goinmul Title even if they aren’t from the regions that inspired them.
What did you take inspiration from / any notable concepts you wanted to convey with the Ep. 4, Act II Battlepass?
- ANSWER: We wanted the items to feel as true to the regions that inspired them as possible. For the “Home Again” player card series we asked, “what would be the first thing this Agent would do when visiting home?” Again, we worked with our regional teams to come up with some ideas and had a ton of fun brainstorming and learning from them. We tried to choose ideas that would remind players of coming home and hopefully the final artwork evokes those feelings. We also used this opportunity to develop some of our Agents’ backstories. For instance, those who love Chamber may be interested to see that in his “Home Again // Chamber” card he spends his free time in the French Riviera, or that Brimstone might enjoy a baseball game in his hometown as seen in the “Home Again // Brimstone” card.
Any unexpected challenges or novelty stories you’d like to share when designing the Ep. 4, Act II Battlepass?
- ANSWER: The team had a lot of fun working on the weapon skins in this pass. The Divine Swine skinline, for instance, started out as a misinterpretation by one of our interns who was meant to just create a pink themed skinline which ended up including imagery of Theo the Pig (you may have seen him around Ascent) on the weapons then further evolved into the fun storybook-esque moving images that you see on the final version.
Grind The New Battlepass
- Price: 1,000 VP
- Free Highlights:
- Striker Classic
- Tactibear’s Balalaika Spray
- Crying Mance Spray
- All-purpose Slipper Gun Buddy
- #SAVEWIDEJOY Player Card
- Paid Highlights:
- Striker Operator
- Striker Knife
- Lycan’s Bane Vandal
- Divine Swine Judge
- Home Again // Jett Player Card
- Lycan’s Bane Player Card
- Bruno’s Happy Dance Spray
- Mi Goreng Gun Buddy
That’s everything you need to know about the Episode 4 Act 2 battle pass! Stay tuned for more info on the first regional Playoffs for VCT APAC 2022!