Nexon Korea has just dropped its global racing test for highly-anticipated party racing game KartRider: Drift, encouraging eager racers to experience the game’s new content for the first time, from today through Tuesday, September 6.
Racers will enjoy exciting new content during the test including:
· Mobile Racing – Racers will be able to play on their iOS and Android devices.
· Race Against AI – Players can race against an AI racer; perfect for any beginners to practice their skills before hitting the track against friends.
· Kart Upgrades – Upgrading karts will give racers special gears that can further increase the stats on their kart.
· Item Shop – New set of items will be available from the Item Shop.
· Award – Racers can earn awards through playing to unlock emblems and other rewards.
· New Characters, Karts and Tracks – Racers will have an array of brand-new themed characters, karts and tracks.
This racing test comes in preparation for the global launch of KartRider: Drift, which players can still pre-register for on the official website. Racers who pre-register are eligible to claim special rewards, such as Model Student Diz, and various platform exclusives.
Pre-registration rewards will be available to redeem for 60 days after launch. Racers can also receive an exclusive character and kart for each supported platform the game is played on up to 90 days after launch.
Players can drive by on PC, Xbox One, PS4 and mobile to join the exclusive test, available across major platforms including PC, console (Xbox One, PS4) and mobile (iOS, Android) by downloading the free-to-play game from the global racing test link.
KartRider: Drift is an upcoming multiplayer kart racing party game, taking inspiration from earlier titles in the franchise, delivering drift-fueled racing action and featuring multiple game modes and deep player-created kart and character customization in stunning Unreal® Engine 4 graphics. KartRider: Drift offers free-to-play online cross-platform play and progression to challenge friends.
Originally launched in 2004, KartRider was the first title in Nexon’s kart racing series and subsequently gained huge popularity in Asia and beyond, amassing more than 300 million players during its 17 years of release. As a franchise, KartRider has established a strong brand across Asian markets and a huge eSports presence in Korea with the official league starting in 2005. It continues to be the longest running eSports league to date.
For more information about KartRider: Drift, fans can visit the official website.